This calcium hydroxide-based relaxer base makes use of HallStar® NCD-20 as the primary emulsifier. It is designed for use with Hair Relaxer Regular Activator JZ5-259D as follows:
- Wear impermeable gloves.
- Combine equal amounts of Hair Relaxer Regular Base JZ5-258C and Hair Relaxer Regular Activator JZ5-259D in a plastic bowl.
- Mix with a wooden spoon until the blend is completely homogeneous. Perform strand test, isolating a small section of inconspicuous hair from the underlayer and smoothing blend into hair without pulling or stretching hair.
- After about 12 minutes for fine, 15 minutes for medium or 18 minutes for coarse hair, rinse strand thoroughly with warm water.
- Apply a color-change neutralizing shampoo and rinse out completely.
- Examine the strand. If it breaks easily, do not relax entire head of hair. If not sufficiently relaxed, increase smoothing time by no more than 3 minutes. If results are satisfactory, continue relaxing process.
- Rinse after optimized time, smooth the neutralizing shampoo in, after one minute gently distribute lather, then rinse and repeat shampooing process until the shampoo foam no longer changes color on the hair.
- Apply leave-in conditioner.
- Do not scratch scalp before relaxing and perform allergy test before application.
- Before application, no hair coloring for four weeks, no antidandruff shampoo for two weeks, and no other shampooing for three days.
- Not for application to bleached, metallic or henna dyed, permanent-waved or previously relaxed hair.
- No hair coloring or antidandruff shampoo use for at least two weeks after application.
|Phase||INCI Name [INN/USAN] (Other Information)||Trade Name||% Wt||Function|
|A||Water (Aqua) (deionized)||up to 100||Carrier|
|B||Calcium Hydroxide||5.00||Hair Waving / Straightening Agent|
|Mineral Oil (Paraffinum Liquidum)||6.50||Conditioning Agent|
|PEG-75 Lanolin||1.00||Conditioning Agent|
|Theobroma Cacao (Cocoa) Seed Butter||BIOCHEMICA® COCOA BUTTER ORGANIC||0.20||Conditioning Agent|
|Olea Europaea (Olive) Fruit Oil||BIOCHEMICA® OLIVE OIL-ULTRA REFINED||0.10||Conditioning Agent|
|D||Cetearyl Alcohol, Ceteareth-20||HALLSTAR® NCD-20||13.00||Self-Emulsifier|
|E||Tocopherol||BIOCHEMICA® VITAMIN E NATURAL||0.10||Antioxidant Agent|
|1||In main vessel, combine phase A, start mixing, slowly add phase B, mix for 30 minutes and then heat to 75°C.|
|2||In a separate vessel, combine phase C, heat to 75°C and add phase D.|
|3||When phase CD is homogeneous add phase E and mix this oil phase well.|
|4||When both phase AB and phase CDE are homogeneous and at 75°C, slowly add oil phase CDE to the water phase AB with prop mixing.|
|5||After 5 minutes start cooling with mixing until batch is at 30°C, then add water to correct for evaporative loss.|
|6||Mix batch until uniform and then condition sample prior to pH and viscosity measurements.|
PRODUCT CHARACTERISTICS (25°C)
|Appearance||Opaque white cream|
|Viscosity (Brk, RV, T-D, 20 rpm, after 24 h at room temperature; mPa·s)||35000 - 59000|
|pH||11.7 - 12.1|
*Patented and Patent Pending
The information presented herein is believed to be accurate and reliable, but no warranty or guarantee, expressed or implied, is made regarding the information or the performance of any product. Further, nothing contained herein shall be taken as any inducement or recommendation to use, manufacture or sell that may infringe any patents or any other proprietary rights now or hereafter in existence, nor to imply compliance with any regulatory requirements
The Hallstar Company - 120 South Riverside Plaza Suite 1620 - Chicago, IL 60606-3911 USA hallstarbeauty.com