SolaPure™ Glo and SolaFresh™
Sun care brands are looking for solutions to meeting performance requirements in the face of increasing regulation. With the recent banning of traditional UV filters like oxybenzone, oxycrylene and octinoxate from sunscreen formulation, developers have more limited ingredient options, especially if they want to create high SPF products with pleasant sensoriality at a reasonable price. Brands are also reacting to consumers’ desire for sun care that is multifunctional, effectively shortening their skin care regimen.
Enter two new ingredients from Hallstar Beauty: SolaFresh™ and all-natural SolaPure™ Glo. Read more below and click on links to download product brochures and clinical data.
SolaPure™ Glo [INCI: Vegetable Oil, Simmondsia Chinensis (Jojoba) Seed Oil, Curcuma Longa (Turmeric) Root Extract] is an all-natural multifunctional emollient leveraging turmeric’s wellness benefits to enhance sun protection efficacy and promote skin wellbeing. Clinical testing demonstrates that SolaPure™ Glo:
- Improves sun protection efficacy in organic systems without the need to increase UV filter concentration
- Produces mineral sunscreen formulations that are less whitening and have a smoother texture, because it enables a safe reduction of ZnO
- Reduces the inflammatory response by 42%, and is highly efficient at quenching free radicals
- Demonstrates an ability to decrease melanin synthesis by diminishing tyronisase activity up to 45%
SolaPure™ Glo can be used in any cosmetic formulation to provide a youthful radiance and glow.
SolaFresh™ [Diethylhexyl 2,6-Napthalate] is a multifunctional, globally-compliant sunscreen solvent and emollient with excellent solvency and triplet-quenching properties for photostabilization. Clinical data shows that SolaFresh™:
- Delivers a synergistic effect with other photostabilizers to achieve better sun protection performance in organic systems
- Reduces filter dependency for improved sunscreen sensoriality
- Has excellent solvency for solid UV filters and compatibility with liquid UV filters, making it possible to formulate high SPF and low-viscous lotions and sunscreen oils, including sprayable products
- Remarkably improves complex UV filter systems with near 90% UVA retention at high dose of UV irradiation
SolaFresh™’s user friendly characteristics allow formulators to easily create a variety of sun care formulations, and achieve desirable SPF without using banned UV filters.