With its expert combination of Hallstar ingredients, Nourishing UV Lotion SPF 50+ PA++++ provides a light, silky touch and velvety sensation with powerful UV protection.
- AvoBrite® has been clinically proven to protect avobenzone from degrading upon sun exposure. It also prevents the generation of reactive oxygen species (ROS) in mineral oxide systems and improves UV protection performance through photostabilization. AvoBrite® also protects certain active ingredients from photodegradation. AvoBrite® offers a solution for China-compliant, high SPF(50+), PA(++++), lightweight, elegant sunscreens.
- HallBrite® BHB is a multifunctional sunscreen active solvent, carrier/dispersant of inorganic UV filters, pigment wetter, emollient, and moisturizer. As a low viscosity liquid of high polarity with elegant slip and feel, it is widely used in sun care, color cosmetics and skin care. HallBrite® BHB significantly increases the SPF performance of sun protection products through the reduction of electron transfer and photoprotection mechanisms.
- AvoBrite® and HallBrite® BHB both stabilize butyl methoxydibenzoylmethane (avobenzone) and effectively quench excited states to protect skin from sun damage and skin aging.
- HallStar® GMS Pure/HallStar® PEG 4400 MS/HallStar® NCD-20 combine to provide a very stable emulsifier system for high oil phase formulations.
- HallStar® TA-1618 Cetearyl Alcohol helps stabilize emulsion and improve viscosity for finished product.
|Phase||INCI Name [INN/USAN] (Other Information)||Trade Name||% Wt||Function|
|Butyloctyl Salicylate||HALLBRITE® BHB*||7.00||Sunscreen Solvent|
|Ethylhexyl Salicylate [Octisalate]||5.00||UV Filter / Sunscreen Agent|
|Homosalate [Homosalate]||10.00||UV Filter / Sunscreen Agent|
|B||Butyl Methoxydibenzoylmethane [Avobenzone]||5.00||UV Filter / Sunscreen Agent|
|C||PEG-100 Stearate||HALLSTAR® PEG 4400 MS||2.00||Emulsifier|
|Glyceryl Stearate||HALLSTAR® GMS PURE||2.00||Emulsifier|
|Cetearyl Alcohol||HALLSTAR® TA-1618 CETEARYL ALCOHOL||1.00||Thickener (Nonaqueous)|
|Cetearyl Alcohol, Ceteareth-20||HALLSTAR® NCD-20||1.00||Emulsifier|
|D||Disodium EDTA||0.05||Chelating Agent|
|Water (Aqua) (deionized)||up to 100||Volatile Carrier|
|Phenylbenzimidazole Sulfonic Acid [Ensulizole]||2.00||UV Filter / Sunscreen Agent|
|Water (Aqua) (deionized)||10.00||Volatile Carrier|
|1||To a secondary vessel add phase A, start mixing and heat to 75°C. Add phase B when A is uniform.|
|2||Add phase C when AB reaches 75°C and gets clear.|
|3||Prepare phase E with gentle stir.|
|4||To the main vessel add the water of phase D, start mixing and add remaining ingredients in this phase.|
|5||Add phase E into phase D and heat to 80°C.|
|6||When both phases are homogeneous and at their designated temperatures, slowly add phase ABC to phase DE with prop mixing. Start cooling batch after 5 minutes.|
|7||Continue mixing until batch is at room temperature, add phase F, replace any water lost, adjust pH to 7-8 and homogenize with 5000rpm for 3mins.|
PRODUCT CHARACTERISTICS (25°C)
|Appearance||Light yellow lotion|
*Patented and Patent Pending
The information presented herein is believed to be accurate and reliable, but no warranty or guarantee, expressed or implied, is made regarding the information or the performance of any product. Further, nothing contained herein shall be taken as any inducement or recommendation to use, manufacture or sell that may infringe any patents or any other proprietary rights now or hereafter in existence, nor to imply compliance with any regulatory requirements
The Hallstar Company - 120 South Riverside Plaza Suite 1620 - Chicago, IL 60606-3911 USA hallstarbeauty.com